Tuesday, March 10, 2009

$10 meals in Melbourne - do you really need an explanation?


My mates and I love the $10 steak night you get at some pubs.

When you're a bit skint, but you still want to go out for some dinner, the $10 steak night is the undisputed champion of meals. I'm happy to disagree with those who would prefer the parma to take line honours - c'mon people, man up! I love a good $10 parma as much as the next human, particularly when they are, and I borrow this phrase from a good mate, "as big as your face". But surely, when we're talking about value for money here, the $10 steak is the outright winner? But I digress. Any meal at a pub, or anywhere else for that matter, that means you only have to part with a blue heeler, is the real winner here. We're not going to waste our time with 'meal deals' from various fast food joints around the place. I'm talking a real dinner, on a plate, preferably with a pot thrown in for good measure. And that's the point of this blog.

I've never been able to find this information all laid out in one place, nice and easy to find online. So I'm going to do it myself. Whenever I find a place selling a cheap dinner - especially one of those $10 steak nights I've been waxing lyrical about - I'll put it down here. I know I'll use the info myself. And I reckon, in these harsh economic times, that I won't be the only person to find this a mine of useful information. Naturally, if you're as keen on this sort of thing as I am, you'll want to give me a heads-up for your favourite $10 meal venue. Thanks in advance for helping out your fellow bargain-hunters!

Well obviously today its not going to be chockablock with the info you want. But I'm sure as the weeks roll by that you'll find this a great resource; one that you want to return to again.
Because lets face it - who doesn't love a cheap night out at the pub? And $10 steak nights are the best! Well, I don't want to talk it up too much - but honestly fellas, don't you think this information is the answer to our prayers?! I personally reckon the $10 steak night could be the saving of our hides in the global economic crisis, and I for one will be supporting them wherever possible.

1 comment: