Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Last night's $10 meal = fail

Went out in search of a $10 steak night last night. Failed miserably.

Its not always going to be good news when you go out for a $10 meal, and I will not be just reporting the good news. You need to know where to avoid, as well as the great places to go!

Drove around several pubs, before settling for Rajee's Instant Indian. $7.50 for vegie curry, $10 for meat. Came with your choice of one kind of curry, and a big plate of rice.

Short review: Don't waste your time people, I reckon there's got to be a better option out there.
I know of a curry place on Elizabeth St in the city which does a plate for $11 which is definitely better - 3 curries instead of one, plus the rice, and the curry is of a far better quality. The curry at Rajee's was lacking in flavour, watery, minimal on everything except sauce. Sure, people might suggest that you get what you pay for - but I say, the competition for my blue heeler is fierce, and I won't be returning to Rajee's.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the email that notified me that the place I was talking about is the Curry House on Elizabeth St in North Melbourne.

    ReplyDelete